The Board of Directors sets goals and policies and oversees NPCA operations to ensure that they are consistent with the stated vision, mission, goals and 2014-2018 Strategic Plan. The Board is responsible for the financial health of NPCA. NPCA’s success depends on the personal commitment and active participation of all Directors.
- Interested in Board Service?
- 2018 Board Elections
- Board Committees
- Board Country of Service Divisional Reps (member-elected)
- Board U.S. Geographic Divisional Reps (member-elected)
- Affiliate Group Network Coordinator
- Board Responsibilities
- 2018 Meeting Schedule
- Meet the Current Board
Interested in Board Service?
NPCA is seeking individuals with strong leadership skills and experience helping non-profit organizations execute strategy and development plans to serve on the NPCA Board of Directors. We have a particular interest in candidates who are well connected within and have extensive experience in both community development and international development (well beyond that gained with Peace Corps service) to help build out the Community Fund, and bring new resources, partnerships and expertise, especially in technology, marketing and media. We value diversity and an affinity for Peace Corps ideals.
NPCA directors serve three-year terms and are expected to participate in quarterly board meetings (two in person and two teleconferences), serve on a board committee, and support NPCA financially within their personal capability.
Serving on the NPCA Board of Directors requires a serious commitment of time, expertise, and financial resources. The NPCA Board is a working board and individual directors are expected to be actively involved in one or more committees. Directors participate in and encourage initiatives that support and benefit NPCA.
NPCA members who are interested in considering board or committee service are invited to fill out a Board Interest Form. We will review all interest forms submitted and contact you for a phone conversation to share some perspective on board service. If we do not contact you this year, we will keep your interest form on file for future consideration. Thank you!
2018 Board Elections
Nominations and elections for the Affiliate Group Network Coordinator and for member-elected representatives to the NPCA Board of Directors in the Northeast; MidAtlantic and Nationwide; and Europe, North and East Africa will take place in spring 2018.
NPCA bylaws stipulate the schedule for elections based on the Annual General Membership Meeting (AGMM), which this year will be held the weekend of August 23-25 in Shawnee, Pennsylvania. Candidates for election to the Board must be current members of NPCA and are strongly encouraged to be active participants in NPCA programs, including fundraising campaigns.
Prior to completing the nomination packet, interested candidates must complete the NPCA Board Interest Form. We will review all interest forms submitted and contact you for a phone conversation if we see a fit. If we do not contact you this year, we will keep your interest form on file for future consideration.
Candidates wishing to be nominated for an elected seat on the NPCA Board of Directors should download the appropriate nomination packet and submit as instructed. Nomination deadline: May 14, 2018.
- Affiliate Group Network Coordinator Nomination Packet
- Member-elected Representative Nomination Packet
Voting will take place – primarily online – between May 22 and June 22. After verification of election results by the Governance Committee of the NPCA Board, election results will be posted to the NPCA website. Elected candidates will join the NPCA Board of Directors at the Annual Board Meeting on August 26 in Shawnee, PA.
- Executive Committee: Hank Ambrose – Chair ● Tai Sunnanon – Vice Chair ● Jayne Booker – Secretary ● Patrick Fine – Treasurer ● Maricarmen Smith-Martinez – Affiliate Group Network Coordinator ● Glenn Blumhorst – ex officio
- Governance Committee: Tai Sunnanon – Chair
- Finance Committee: Patrick Fine – Chair
- Fundraising Committee: Bridget Davis – Chair
- Policy & Advocacy Committee: Sue Senecah – Chair
- NPCA Awards Advisory Committee: Jayne Booker – Chair
Board Country of Service Divisional Reps (Member-elected)
- Asia and the Pacific – Jed Meline (Email)
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, East Timor, Fiji, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Malaysia, Marshall lslands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nepal, Niue, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Yemen
- Europe/North and East Africa – Linda Stingl (Email)
Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Hungary, Kenya, Latvia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Moldova, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Poland, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Slovak Republic, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine
- The Americas – Katie Long (Email)
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada and Cariacou, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts/Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent/Grenadines, Suriname, Turks-Caicos, Uruguay, Venezuela
- West, Central and Southern Africa – Patrick Fine (Email)
Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire), Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Sao Tome e Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Togo, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Board U.S. Geographic Divisional Reps (Member-elected)
- Northeast – Susan Senecah (Email)
Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware
- Mid-Atlantic Region and Nationwide– Randolph (Randy) Adams (Email)
Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, Nationwide groups
- Southern Tier – Tom Potter (Email)
North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, West Virginia, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Puerto Rico
- Upper Midwest – Mary Owen (Email)
Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming
- West – Keith Beck (Email)
Montana, Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Alaska, US Territories
(Note: Regions are defined by the NPCA Board based on the number of NPCA members per region in order to achieve some parity.)
The responsibilities of NPCA elected directors are:
- Attend Board and committee meetings
- Represent members, affiliate groups and constituents
- Raise funds and promote membership
- Participate in NPCA activities
- Set goals, policies and budget
- Hire and evaluate the President / CEO
- Oversee performance of NPCA
NPCA also needs a strong board to assist members and groups through excellent programs and services. So, in addition, Elected Directors should:
- Contact members and groups on a regular basis to sound out their interests, concerns or other feedback that they feel should be addressed by the NPCA Board;
- Act as members’ and groups’ representative “voice” at Board or committee meetings; and
- Provide feedback to members and groups after Board meetings.
2018 Board Meeting Schedule
The Board meets at least four times per year.
- Saturday, March 3, 2018 from 2:00-6:00 pm in Washington, DC
- Monday, June 4, 2018 via teleconference
- Monday, August 26, 2018 in Shawnee, PA (at Peace Corps Connect – Shawnee, PA)
- Monday, December 10, 2018 via teleconference
Minutes from each Board meeting are reviewed and approved at the following meeting, then posted to our website.
The benefits of joining NPCA are enormous--from perks like access to global jobs to countless opportunities to make a giant impact on the world. Best yet, it's free to join.