Job Search & Career Services
The Global Reentry Program provides resources and support for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers when it comes to conducting an effective job search — whether that’s laying the foundations for a career, helping change jobs, or staking out a new direction professionally. We offer a series of webinars facilitated by experienced career counselors; podcasts; access to career mentorship programs; and job postings targeting RPCV candidates. A founding partner of the Employers of National Service program, NPCA leverages this new platform to encourage employers to give top consideration to returned Volunteers. We’re fortunate to have on our team Career Services Specialist Jodi Hammer, with years of experience helping RPCVs with career transitions. Check out her “Jobs with Jodi” podcast for starters.
Top 10 Global Reentry Video Playlist
- Creating an Effective Job Search Strategy
- Redefining & Mastering Networking
- Leveraging Your Peace Corps Skills
- Taking Control of Your Career
- Creating High Impact Resumes
- Acing the Interview
- Negotiating salary & Benefits
- The Art of Saying No
- Living on a Budget: Job Search and Beyond
- Designing Your Exit Strategy
- National Peace Corps Association Job Board
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (RPCV) Career Link: Peace Corps HQ’s Job Board
- USAJOBS: Find all federal jobs here
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Doctors Without Borders
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- U. S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Foundation
We host a broad range webinars for RPCVs at the beginning of a career — and making big changes mid-career. Topics range from strategies and approaches to specific career paths.
For a complete list of upcoming programs, visit NPCA’s events calendar.
Looking for the recording of a past webinar? Check out these Global Reentry playlists on YouTube:
Peace Corps Webinars and the LinkedIn Network
Sign up for career webinars offered by the Peace Corps Agency through the RPCV Portal.
Think LinkedIn: The Peace Corps Network on LinkedIn is the official professional network for people who share the Peace Corps experience. The group is intended as a forum for posting jobs, sharing career advice, and staying connected with other Volunteers, returned Volunteers, and Peace Corps staff from across the globe.
Upon successful completion of Peace Corps service, you receive 12 months of noncompetitive eligibility (NCE) hiring status within the federal government.
For RPCVs with noncompetitive eligibility, learn more here.
My Career Design Studio
Sign up for My Career Design Studio, an online career coaching program and an interactive email series to help you find a fulfilling career, available from Dr. Ronda Ansted to Global Reentry members. Sign up for the free membership to gain access to this exclusive program worth over $100. Watch the video to learn more.Return to Global Reentry Home