The Board of Directors sets goals and policies and oversees NPCA operations to ensure that they are consistent with the stated vision, mission, goals and 2014-2018 Strategic Plan. The Board is responsible for the financial health of NPCA. NPCA’s success depends on the personal commitment and active participation of all Directors.
Interested in Board Service?
NPCA is seeking individuals with strong leadership skills and experience in helping non-profit organizations execute strategy and development plans to serve on the NPCA Board of Directors. We have a particular interest in candidates who are well-connected within and beyond the Peace Corps community and who can help us bring in new resources, partnerships and expertise, especially in fundraising (particularly for major gifts), nonprofit law and grant making. We value diversity and an affinity for Peace Corps ideals.
NPCA Directors serve three-year terms and are expected to participate in quarterly board meetings (two in-person and two teleconferences), serve on a board committee, and support NPCA financially within their personal capability. Read more about NPCA Board and committee service.
Serving on the NPCA Board of Directors requires a serious commitment of time, expertise, and financial resources. The NPCA Board is a working board and individual Directors are expected to be actively involved in one or more committees. Directors participate in and encourage initiatives that support and benefit the NPCA.
NPCA Members who are interested in considering Board or committee service are invited to fill out a Board Interest Form. We will review all interest forms submitted and will contact you for a phone conversation if we see a fit. If we do not contact you this year, we will keep your interest form on file for future consideration. Thank you!
Elections will follow later this spring, with details posted to this page. Stay tuned.
- Executive Committee: Joby Taylor – Chair ● Randy Adams – Vice Chair ● Jayne Booker – Secretary ● Patrick Fine – Treasurer ● Maricarmen Smith-Martinez – Affiliate Group Network Coordinator ● Glenn Blumhorst – ex officio
- Governance Committee: Hank Ambrose – Chair
- Finance Committee: Patrick Fine – Chair
- Business & Development Committee: Sandra Bunch – Chair
- Policy & Advocacy Committee: Sue Senecah – Chair
- Membership Committee: TBD – Chair
- NPCA Awards Advisory Committee: Tony Barclay – Chair
Board Country of Service Regional Reps (Member-elected
- Asia and the Pacific – Marjorie Harrison (Email)
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, East Timor, Fiji, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Malaysia, Marshall lslands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nepal, Niue, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Yemen
- Europe/North and East Africa – Linda Stingl (Email)
Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Hungary, Kenya, Latvia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Moldova, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Poland, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Slovak Republic, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine
- The Americas – Katie Long (Email)
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada and Cariacou, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts/Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent/Grenadines, Suriname, Turks-Caicos, Uruguay, Venezuela
- West, Central and Southern Africa – Patrick Fine (Email)
Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire), Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Sao Tome e Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Togo, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Board U.S. Geographic Regional Reps (Member-elected)
- Northeast – Susan Senecah (Email)
Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware
- Mid-Atlantic Region and Nationwide– Randolph (Randy) Adams (Email)
Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, Nationwide groups
- Southern Tier – Angela Harris (Email)
North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, West Virginia, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Puerto Rico
- Upper Midwest – Mary Owen (Email)
Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming
- West – Juliana Essen (Email)
Montana, Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Alaska, US Territories
(Note: Regions are defined by the NPCA Board based on the number of NPCA members per region in order to achieve some parity.)
The responsibilities of NPCA elected directors are:
- Attend Board and committee meetings
- Represent members, affiliate groups and constituents
- Raise funds and promote membership
- Participate in NPCA activities
- Set goals, policies and budget
- Hire and evaluate the President / CEO
- Oversee performance of NPCA
NPCA also needs a strong board to assist members and groups through excellent programs and services. So, in addition, Elected Directors should:
- Contact members and groups on a regular basis to sound out their interests, concerns or other feedback that they feel should be addressed by the NPCA Board;
- Act as members’ and groups’ representative “voice” at Board or committee meetings; and
- Provide feedback to members and groups after Board meetings.
2017 Board Meeting Schedule
The Board meets at least four times per year.
- Saturday, March 4, 2017 from 2:00-6:00 pm in Washington, DC
- Monday, June 5, 2017 via teleconference
- Monday, August 7, 2017 in Denver, CO (at Peace Corps Connect – Denver 2017)
- Monday, December 11, 2017 via teleconference
Minutes from each Board meeting are reviewed and approved at the following meeting, then posted in our news feed.
The benefits of joining NPCA are enormous--from perks like access to global jobs to countless opportunities to make a giant impact on the world. Best yet, it's free to join.