- Getting Started
- Legal Considerations
- Financial Management
- Workplace Affinity Groups
This Resource Library will be regularly updated as needed and based on your input.
Applications For Affiliation
- Geographic Groups
- Country of Service Groups
- Workplace Affinity Groups
- Affinity Groups
- Cause-Related Groups
Don’t fit into any of those models? Contact us!
Relevant Documents & Internet Links
- Roberts Rule of Order for conducting business meetings
- Applying for 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Status (IRS Publication)
- Filing form 990-N (e-postcard) for small tax-exempt organizations (IRS website)
- Maintaining 501(c)(3) Tax-exempt Status (online video tutorial from the IRS)
What are the NPCA membership categories? How can my affiliate group expand its membership? What are the best practices for managing my affiliate group’s members? How can partnership with NPCA benefit the members of my affiliate group?
- NEW! Answering Questions on NPCA’s New Membership Model
- Language to Use in Group Communications on the New Membership Model
- Membership form template based on the new membership model as a PDF
- Membership Donation Form
- Seven Reasons to Join the NPCA
- Membership Data Sharing Agreement ( PDF)
What are the best means for your affiliate group’s leadership to effectively communicate to its members? How does my affiliate group utilize internet social networking? How does my affiliate group create, promote, and maintain a website?
- Form for the Transfer of Memberships and Donations to the NPCA
- Form for Group Payments to NPCA by Credit Card
- ACH Payment Authorization Form
The National Peace Corps Association’s Advocacy team advocates for Peace Corps community interests to the U.S. Congress. The NPCA is the advocate for issues important to serving and returned Peace Corps Volunteers. Our efforts are strengthened by the support of our affiliate groups. We need your support – and the support of your members – to ensure that our Congressional Representatives learn about the impact and importance of the Peace Corps.
For an overview of the NPCA Advocacy Program and the importance of collaboration with our affiliate groups, click here.
We encourage you to consider donating your group history to the Peace Corps Community Archive at American University in Washington, DC.
Learn more here.
Workplace Affinity Groups
Network with other members of the Peace Corps community, carry out the Third Goal of Peace Corps and support efforts to strengthen our community at the workplace! Here are some resources shared by workplace affinity groups that may be helpful for others that are forming. (See above for the application to formally affiliate with NPCA.)
Establishing an Employee Association
Non-competitive Eligibility (NCE)
- Guide for hiring RPCVs with NCE (from RPCVs@EPA)
- RPCV Hiring at GSA (from GSA RPCV Employee Association)
- GSA Emerging Leaders Program (Fall 2015)
- Welcome to EPA! (Orientation flyer for RPCVs@EPA)
- Buying Back Service for Retirement (from RPCVs@EPA)
Generally the most successful Affiliate Groups are ones with clearly-defined activities and goals. For what is your group known? Why do people join or support your group? How can you best carry out the Third Goal of the Peace Corps and share your Peace Corps county’s culture with Americans? These links below offer some toolkits and resources to help you make your activities a success and strengthen your group.
Relevant Documents and Links
- How to Plan a Country of Service Reunion
- Tips tools and resources to share your country of service (from the Peace Corps Office of Third Goal and Returned Volunteer Services)
- Tell Peace Corps about your activity to help showcase Peace Corps’ domestic impact
Office of Third Goal Toolkits
While these documents are quite dated, the general content could be helpful for logistics and planning purposes. The toolkits may be replaced with updated documents over the coming months.
- Third Goal Report – This report, researched and compiled in 2008 in response to the question “How is the Peace Corps’ Third Goal implemented by NPCA Affiliate Groups?” may offer some ideas for your group!
- Opening Windows On The World: A Cross-Cultural Film and Lecture Series Guide – This guide, written by Northern Ohio Returned Peace Corps Volunteers, was prepared as part of a development education grant from NPCA in 1986.
Event Planning Toolkits (originally created in 2011 for Peace Corps’ 50th Anniversary)
- Event Planning – Archives
- Event Planning – Cocktail Nights
- Event Planning – Concerts
- Event Planning – Food
- Event Planning – Registration and Admission
- Event Planning – Reunions
- Event Planning – Venues