About Returned Peace Corps Volunteers at HUD
The objectives of RPCVs at HUD shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To serve as a point of contact and support for Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (RPCV) employees at the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- To support RPCVs as they apply the skills they acquired in the Peace Corps (PC) towards their work at HUD in fulfillment of HUD’s mission.
- To support Peace Corps’ Third Goal efforts, defined in the 1961 Peace Corps Act, as follows: “To promote a better understanding of other people on the part of American people”.
- To encourage HUD to hire eligible RPCVs and communicate to Management the benefits of doing so.
- To educate Management and RPCVs on the mutual benefits of Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE).
- To assist Management and RPCVs with resolving administrative and other challenges unique to the HUD RPCV community.
- To encourage RPCVs to continue their service to the government by seeking employment within it, and to encourage especially their employment at HUD.
- To help effectively communicate opportunities at HUD to RPCVs.
- To afford career development and networking opportunities for RPCVs.
- To support organizational development efforts to increase morale throughout HUD, for all employees, staff and management alike.
All current and former employees of HUD, irrespective of their status as Management or Staff, direct hire or contractor, RPCV or non-RPCV, are welcome and eligible for full Membership.