About Central Ohio Returned Volunteer Association (CORVA)
Welcome to CORVA, a non-profit organization of returned Peace Corps volunteers that serves as the local representative of the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA).
We are a 501(C)3 organization dedicated to connecting people from other countries to each other through service and conversation.
We carry out the third goal of Peace Corps, bringing the World Back Home.
- Guest speak in schools, civic organizations and Peace Corps recruiting functions
- Raise money for various local and overseas projects that help fulfill the goals of Peace Corps, i.e, to help people become self-sufficient and able to excel where ever they may live.
- Participate at the International Festival and Community Festival in Columbus
- Meet the 3rd Wednesday of every month to offer support to newly returned volunteers and friendship to former volunteers who live in central Ohio. Meetings alternate between a potluck at a CORVA member’s house and an ethnic restaurant.
- Help spread the word about National Peace Corps Association and the work they do in Peace Corps advocacy.