7 Reasons Why You Should
Become a Member!
You still want to make a difference. We do, too. The Peace Corps community has a unique set of experiences and skills which – when brought together – can make a difference.
The Peace Corps experience doesn’t end after 2 years. once you’ve been in the Peace Corps, you are connected forever to 200,000 other volunteers who share similar experiences.
NPCA makes it easy to maintain your Peace Corps connections and make new ones through our social networking site, social media conversations, Africa Rural Connect program, global events and member groups.
You need to take the next step:
Now that you’re back home you’re left with the question, “Now what?” NPCA’s Jobs Board provides you with options for work or volunteer opportunities. The Mentoring program matches you with a Returned Volunteer to ask questions about your career and your next moves.
You know about the developing world:
NPCA and its member groups connect you to other people, services, products, and projects in the developing world and the US.
Make your voice heard:
The Peace Corps and Peace Corps-related issues have always been at the center of our advocacy program. Your membership raises our community’s collective voice and strengthens our actions in support of these important issues.
Everyone needs good reading material:
WorldView, our quarterly magazine, provides the Peace Corps perspective on global issues and highlights the work of the Community – stories you won’t find anywhere else. A subscription is included with your membership.
Everybody likes a discount:
Every penny counts in this economy. As a member, you are eligible for various discounts and opportunities to help you save.
PLUS, a few more reasons to join!
If you are a part of the Peace Corps family, then membership in the National Peace Corps Association is important for you! We believe this so strongly that we’re offering your first year of membership absolutely free.
Get all of the news from NPCA about Third Goal initiatives happening around the world, receive WorldView magazine, and stay connected at no cost your first year.
After that, your membership in NPCA ($35 annually) and in any of our 140 member groups ($15 annually) supports all of our programs for the Peace Corps community, including readjustment resources, networking opportunities, and advocacy initiatives.
You also get:
- Representation in the governing of NPCA through the Board of Directors
- NPCA discount on auto insurance through GEICO
- Investment opportunities through the Calvert Foundation/NPCA Microenterprise Program (MEP) offering global micro-loans
- Social networking through our website at community.peacecorpsconnect.org, as well as fan groups on Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter
- Eligibility for $10,000 scholarship at the School for international Training Graduate institute in Brattleboro, VT
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY !
- Free for currently Serving Peace Corps Volunteers within their first year of service (after swearing-in) *Note: This does not include a subscription to WorldView magazine.
- First time free within 12 months of Close of Service. (Volunteers in their last year of service and with in 12 months of COS)
- First time free for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of any era who have never been a member.
- Individual membership. For only $35 a year, you can support all of our programs and receive a WorldView magazine subscription as an official member of the National Peace Corps Association.
For an additional $15 per year, you can join an official RPCV member group!