NPCA and its supporters advocate on issues of importance to the Peace Corps community, including an independent and robust Peace Corps, and policies that respect, honor and support the Peace Corps community.
We serve to convey the voice of the Peace Corps community and ensure that the Peace Corps remains true to its founding vision and mission.
We also seek to add the experienced voices of returned Peace Corps Volunteers to other issues of global concern.
View the past legislative victories of the NPCA and the Peace Corps community.
NPCA advocates advance Peace Corps issues and issues of global concern on Capitol Hill, including the following:
Peace Corps Issues:
- Support Strong Peace Corps Funding
- Pass Peace Corps Commemorative Legislation
- Pass the Peace Corps Equity Act of 2013
- Pass the Respect for Peace Corps Volunteers Act of 2013
- Peace Corps Caucus
Upcoming Activities and Opportunities
In all 50 states and Washington, DC, advocates come together and take action to make a difference.
- 2014 National Day of Action (February 27, 2014)
- NPCA’s District Meeting Days (August/September 2014)
- Wanted: State/Regional Volunteer Advocacy Coordinators
We regularly update our community through advocacy blogs, monthly e-news and advocacy related social network sites.
- Sign up and receive the latest advocacy developments and action opportunities
- Follow us on Twitter to read breaking advocacy news
- Read our Advocacy blog posts
Donate to Support NPCA’s Advocacy Efforts
Our Success Requires Your Support: As the premier independent, non-governmental voice of the Peace Corps community, we strive to connect with you and help bring your voice to your elected representatives. From Capitol Hill advocacy days to road trips to further strengthen and build our network, from advocacy action alerts to online action materials, our ability to sustain an effective advocacy program comes through your financial support.
But Wait! There’s More!
Follow this link to learn more about other advocacy issues, resources and opportunities (currently under construction).