Sand between your toes. Humid tropical air. Rich organic chocolate. Easy laughter over a merengue beat.
Welcome to the Dominican Republic, a Spanish-speaking country on the Caribbean island of Hispaniola.
You’re not a tourist…. you’re a guest.
On your all-inclusive Next Step Travel trip, you will become part of the fabric of a rural community on the north coast and discover the spirit and strength that Dominicans exhibit in every aspect of life. Through unparalleled local access and immersive experiences, you’ll learn about the history, economics, politics and culture of the Dominican Republic.
Highlights and Overview
- Implement ecologically sustainable projects in rural areas
- Connect with Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and learn firsthand about their work in rural communities
- Interact with local people by volunteering in a Haitian batey on a project to improve the health of the community
- Hike through a chain of twenty-seven waterfalls and explore pristine Caribbean beaches
- Meet leaders working on community development projects to alleviate poverty
- Explore the historical marvels of colonial Santo Domingo
All-Inclusive 14-Day Trip
$3,199 per person**
All-Inclusive 10-Day Trip
$2,399 per person**
Max. group size: 20 Activity Level: Moderate (FF) = Family Friendly
** Double occupancy price. Single occupancy supplement: $250 for 10-day trips/$350 for 14-day trips.
Ask about our group rates and frequent traveler and Director’s Circle discounts.
Dominican Republic Resource Page - links to photos, blog posts, testimonials, country background material and more!
Sign Me Up!
Registration Form (Fill out, print, and submit via mail, email, or fax)