The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the President and Treasurer to organize and implement the functions of the Chijnaya office in Palm Springs and to coordinate with Pro-DIA and its staff on a regular basis. In the first year the Administrative Assistant will need to become familiar with the Foundation’s programs in Peru and the role of the Foundation in supporting Pro-DIA’s staff. Ability to read, write and speak Spanish and English.
1. Maintain donor and contact files
2. Prepare thank you notes for donors
3. Do multimedia outreach on Facebook, Twitter, etc., Maintain and update Website
4. Maintain payment schedules for recurring expenses in coordination with the treasurer.
5. Purchase supplies and assist with preparation for Annual Meeting
6. Receive and file reports on all programs and projects of Pro-DIA
7. Assist with the design and oversee fundraising mailings.
8. Organize files of past and current reports
9. Assist the President and Treasurer with all tasks assigned
10. Assist in fundraising efforts (Identify Peruvian/American organizations for donors, social media research)
Requirements: Ability to read, write and speak Spanish. Computer and social media skills sufficient for the maintenance of Website and Social Media presence for the Foundation (in both Spanish and English). Organizational and office skills, including filing, archiving, computer skills (Excel, Word, Dropbox, Powerpoint, Google Docs, etc.).
Requirements for the position:
Organizational and office skills, including filing, archiving, computer skills (Excel, word, Google Docs, etc.). On a day-to-day basis, the Administrative Assistant will report to Treasurer Robert Frost.
This is a part-time position for 15-20 hours a week, at $20.00 an hour.