Many people see their resume as a chronology of their work experience. However, it is much more than that. This webinar will teach you how to think of your resume as a marketing document with the message "I am perfect for this job."
By participating in this webinar, you will receive a resume template to guide you through this process, learn how to analyze job postings, write compelling bullet points, and understand what hiring managers are looking for in applicants.
- Introduction (10 minutes)
- Resume as a Marketing Document (5 minutes)
- Set yourself up for the work you want to do (not just the work you've done in the past) (10 minutes)
- Analyzing job descriptions (10 minutes)
- Highlighting your accomplishments (10 minutes)
- Writing a resume that can be easily tailored for each job. (10 minutes)
- Putting the pieces together and Q&A (5 minutes)
This webinar will be led by Dr. Ronda Ansted. Dr. Ansted has spent most of her professional life in the non-profit and international development fields. She was a mid-career PCV in South Africa and became a career consultant after seeing how so many people who wanted to make a difference in the world got burned out after choosing careers that looked good on paper but didn't fit who they are. Her practice is dedicated to getting people into their right-fit careers so they can make a meaningful impact in the world and live a life they love.