When Volunteers return home, the first thing on most people's minds is "how do I get a job?" Although it's tempting to apply for everything in sight, it is much more effective to focus your job search on career paths that are a good fit for you. This webinar will discuss the tools you need to identify your innate strengths and how to leverage them for the job search, setting you up for a successful, sustainable career.
- Introduction (10 minutes)
- What is career fit and why is it important? Understanding the differences between skills / competencies and natural abilities. Leveraging your full self for career longevity and success. (10 minutes)
- Identifying your natural abilities: assessments, activities, and reflection (10 minutes)
- How do you turn this information into job titles? (10 minutes)
- Once you know what you want to do, how do you get the job (10 minutes)
- Q&A: 10+ minutes
This webinar will be led by Dr. Ronda Ansted. Dr. Ansted has spent most of her professional life in the non-profit and international development fields. She was a mid-career PCV in South Africa and became a career consultant after seeing how so many people who wanted to make a difference in the world got burned out after choosing careers that looked good on paper but didn't fit who they are. Her practice is dedicated to getting people into their right-fit careers so they can make a meaningful impact in the world and live a life they love.