This is an unprecedented time for the Peace Corps community — when we need to reimagine and reshape our work for a changed world. Join the leadership teams from the vibrant network of more than 180 affiliate groups for the Affiliate Group Network Annual Meeting (AGNAM) — to be held online. This is the meeting of the year for NPCA affiliate groups — from our newest members to those who have nurtured our community for decades. It’s your opportunity to engage with, learn from, and share best practices with other affiliate groups. Bring your questions, concerns, challenges, and ideas!
AGNAM Priority Objectives:
Connect affiliate groups and to share best practices
Provide group leadership with direct insight into NPCA capacity-building initiatives, projects and opportunities
Keep groups connected throughout the year
Updated information and meeting details will be posted here as they become available.
You must register here to get information on how to access the meeting.
To assist in our planning and to identify the eligible voters list (“voting delegates”), please complete this brief survey in advance of the meeting.
Agenda (3:00 – 4:25 pm Eastern):
- Call to order and welcome
- Establish eligible voters list ("voting delegates")
- Approval of 2019 Affiliate Group Network Annual Meeting minutes
- NPCA Leadership Town Hall (presentation and Q&A)
- Introduction to virtual roundtables
- Wrap-up and next steps
- Adjournment to rountables!
Roundtables (4:30 – 6:00 pm Eastern):
- Affiliate Group Approaches to Social Justice
- Building a Bigger, More Engaged Affiliate Group Community
- Inclusive Organizational Change: Setting up your Group for Success
- Expanding Intergroup Communications and Engagement
The meeting will be recorded. Affiliate groups are encouraged to register multiple board members for participation, so that you may have representation in each of the roundtables. The roundtables will have facilitators, who are affiliate group leaders prepared to share their experiences to spark discussion, but the focus will be on your input, engagement, sharing and questioning.
Each individual may participate in one roundtable.
Affiliate Group Approaches to Social Justice
- Why is this important for our community — especially now?
- How have affiliate groups approached social justice issues — from racial justice to working with refugees, as well as tackling climate change and more? How have they taken action?
- What are we trying to achieve in the near term? What are our ultimate goals?
Building a Bigger, More Engaged Affiliate Group Community
- How do affiliate groups recruit, engage, and retain members?
- Evacuated Volunteers
- Recently Returned Volunteers more broadly
- Volunteers preparing for departure
- Current Volunteers (when they return to the field)
- Affiliate groups have the opportunity to make themselves known in their communities and can be a trusted source for expertise when it comes to interacting with other cultures.
- Use the strengths of your membership to build a group with greater impact.
Inclusive Organizational Change: Setting Up Your Group for Success
- Building a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- How can your group tackle inclusive organizational change in a way that will make your group better and stronger?
- How can inclusive organizational change engage your current membership and board — and how can it help you recruit new members and leaders?
- How can you recruit board members who are passionate and engaged?
- Creating a roadmap with ways to achieve each milestone
Expanding Intergroup Communications and Engagement
- The Affiliate Group Network is vast, and each group has different strengths. How can groups leverage one another’s strengths to build a more vibrant community?
- What is the value of affiliate groups working together and sharing ideas?
- What formal or informal structures can help foster more intergroup communication?
- Online communication brings advantages and disadvantages. How do we leverage platforms to connect with other groups?
- Fostering authentic relationships: How can groups connect outside of projects and engage in networking and team-building activities?
- We’re hosting weekly leader “lunches.” How do they help you network? How do ideas shared help you address challenges? Could this forum be altered/extended in any way?
This meeting will build off the Annual General Membership Meeting, which will be held earlier the same day from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Eastern. We encourage affiliate group leadership to attend both meetings.