Havana and Beyond – A Taste of the Cuba Libre
It’s a historic time to be going to Cuba. Our trips in 2015 and 2016 were big hits, so we are offering another trip in 2017!
Learn from and about our rapidly-changing neighbor in the Caribbean – Cuba – while connecting with Peace Corps friends old and new on this exclusive NPCA Next Step Travel – Cuba program.
Highlights and Overview
- Visit to the colonial city of Trinidad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit to a performing arts school
- Meeting with the Friendship Institute to discuss US/Cuban relations
- Meeting with an economist to learn more about Cuba’s changing economy
- Cultural visits to museums and performances
- Visit La Vigia, Hemingway’s home in Havana
- Visit to an urban garden to learn about sustainability
- Visit with a neighborhood block organization for a unique People-to-People exchange
Download the preliminary itinerary (as of 15 December 2016 - subject to change).
This trip is operated by Global Exchange.
$3,995 per person
- April 15 - 22, 2017
- RT air from Miami to Cuba, Cuban visa, and mandatory Cuban health insurance
- Four star accommodations, in-country transportation, translation, a fluent English-speaking guide/facilitator, and two meals daily (except first and last days)
- Preparatory materials
- NOT included are expenses of a purely personal nature, trip insurance, luggage fees, extra beverages, gratuities for guides & driver, 5.5% registration fee
- Single room supplement (a room without a roommate) will incur an additional cost
Minimum group size: 10
Maximum group size: 25
This exclusive opportunity is open to NPCA members and their guests only. Not yet an NPCA member? Join now for free!
Registration for this trip is now closed. Watch this page for announcements of future trips to Cuba.