Global Reentry Program Webinar Series!
We are excited to announce a series of job search webinars as part of our Global Reentry program!
- July 7: Crafting Your Federal Resume
- July 8: Weekly Jobs with Jodi Podcast
- July 9: Career Mentor Orientation
- July 14: Unfinished Business
- July 15: Weekly Jobs with Jodi Podcast
- July 18: Peace Corps Connect to the Future
- July 21: TCP Global: A unique micro lending program for your country of service
- July 24: Resume Review Tips and Strategies
- July 28: The School of Hard Knocks: Career Lessons Learned From Failure
- July 30: Self-Care and Wellness in the Job Search
Looking for the recording of a past webinar? View our Global Reentry playlist on YouTube!
- Career Webinar (Session 1) - Getting Started in the Job Search
- Career Webinar (Session 2) - Networking: Building Your Alliance
- Career Webinar (Session 3) - Crafting Your Application: Resume and Cover Letter
- Career Webinar (Session 4) - Acing the Interview
- Building Your Personal Brand and Selling Your Peace Corps Service
- Career Transitions as a Mid-Career Professional
- Leveraging your Noncompetitive Eligibility (NCE) for Federal Employment
- Effective Peace Corps Advocacy in the Time of COVID-19
- Making The Case: Grad School or Job?
- Weekly Podcast: Jobs with Jodi
- Weekly Podcast: Jobs with Jodi - RPCV Entrepreneurs Spotlight
- What’s Next? Unpacking Your Peace Corps Service with the School for International Training (SIT)
- Marketing Your Peace Corps Service In Your Job Search
- Resume Writing 201: Crafting the Right Style of Resume
- Reentry and Reintegration: A Panel Discussion About Coping & Thriving
- The Third Goal: Telling Your Personal and Professional Story with SIT
Career Services Webinar Series
NPCA launched a Career Services webinar series led by Dr. Ronda Ansted. Dr. Ansted has spent most of her professional life in the non-profit and international development fields. She was a mid-career PCV in South Africa and became a career consultant.
Click on the links below to access the recordings and slides for past webinars, and check out NPCA's calendar to register for upcoming webinars.
August: Creating an Effective Job Search Strategy with YOU in Control (Aug 20 at 3:00 pm ET)
September: Strategic and Effective Networking for People Who Hate to Network (Sept 10 at 3:00 pm ET)
October: Navigating Cultural Re-Integration and the Job Search (Oct 15 at 3:00 pm ET)
November: Prepping for your Salary Negotiation (Nov 12 at 3:00 pm ET)
December: Network your Way into a Job Holiday Edition (Dec 3 at 3:00 pm ET)
My Career Design Studio
Sign up for My Career Design Studio, an online career coaching program and an interactive email series to help you find a fulfilling career, available to Global Reentry Members. Sign up for the free membership to gain access to this exclusive program worth over $100.
Exclusive Benefit for Global Reentry Members:
Devex is unlocking its paid career content and jobs for evacuated Peace Corps Volunteers for one year
A Devex Career Account helps those who want to find a job and advance their career in global development, health, humanitarian aid and sustainability. It provides guidance on how to write a cover letter, insider tips for breaking into institutions like the Gates Foundation, the United Nations, or USAID and steps to transition from service to a paid job. You’ll also have access to webinars with leading recruiters, downloadable resume templates, and videos all aimed to equip you with the information you need to tackle your job search, as well as our job board with thousands of live opportunities.
Activate your free "Global Reentry" NPCA membership to receive details on how to access this benefit.
Peace Corps Career Events
The Peace Corps’ Office of Third Goal and Returned Volunteer Services hosts free online RPCV career events.
Join them to connect with other returned Volunteers, explore ways to get involved in Peace Corps activities, and chat with employers in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors at career fairs. View and register for events
Peace Corps Community on LinkedIn
Join the Peace Corps Network on LinkedIn. This group is jointly moderated by the National Peace Corps Association and the Peace Corps and is open to PCVs, RPCVs, and staff. “Peace Corps” must appear in your profile in order to be approved. Don’t be fooled by the impostor groups!
Peace Corps Career Link
The Peace Corps has transformed what was formerly known as Hotline into an online platform/jobs board called RPCV Career Link. Additional information on things like non-competitive eligibility can be found here.
Organizations Targeting RPCV Skills
Employers of National Service
Employers of National Service (EONS) works to connect individuals who have participated in national service with leading employers in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors to create hiring, recruitment, and advancement opportunities. Through this initiative, national service alumni are able to apply the skills built from their service experience in the workplace, while employers gain access to a highly qualified, hardworking, and dedicated group of potential employees. The initiative was started by President Barack Obama on September 12, 2014 to honor the 20th anniversary of AmeriCorps. Look for the hashtags #ServiceEmployers and #NationalService.