The smell of strong coffee. A jumbled rainbow of woven fabrics. The clack of a wooden loom. Steam rising from natural hot spring.
Escape to a magical country where the ancient traditions of the Maya people live on alongside bustling modernity. From the cobblestone streets of Antigua to our base in the mountains of Quetzaltenango, you’ll connect with local people in a meaningful way. We’ll also visit Lake Atitlan and the surrounding communities.
Highlights and Overview
- Volunteer on projects to improve the education of Maya children
- Ride over the calm waters of Lake Atitlan, considered sacred by the Maya
- Connect with Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and learn firsthand about their work in rural communities
- Learn firsthand from local artisans about traditional weaving, music and art
- Participate in a community-based tour to learn about religious syncretism and Maya cosmology
- Visit an artisan market in Chichicastenango – the largest in the hemisphere
- Explore the boutiques, galleries and cafés of colonial Antigua
All-Inclusive 14-Day Trip
$2,999 per person**
All-Inclusive 10-Day Trip
$2,199 per person**
Max. group size: 20 Activity Level: Moderate
Ask about our group rates and frequent traveler and Director’s Circle discounts.
Add 3 Nights to a 14-Day Trip
$895 per person*Includes R/T flight from Guatemala City to Flores* Double occupancy
Single supplement: $175
Guatemala Resource Page - links to photos, blog posts, testimonials, country background material and more!