50th Press Kit
For media inquiries contact:
Phone: (301) 699-0148
Describing the National Peace Corps Association
Founded in 1979 and headquartered in Washington, D.C., the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) is the nation’s leading 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization supporting Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and the Peace Corps community through networking and mentoring to help guide former Volunteers through their continued service back home. It is also the longest-standing advocate for an independent and robust Peace Corps and its values.
[The National Peace Corps Association is separate from the United States Peace Corps, which is a federal agency. Additional information about NPCA can be found on our main NPCA media resources page.]
For a listing of key National Peace Corps Association events, click here.
NPCA created a Google map marked with the landmark NPCA 50th anniversary events. See the map here.
September 2011 NPCA Event Press Releases:
- National Peace Corps Association “The Promise of the Peace Corps Gala” Celebrates 50 Years of the Peace Corps
- National Peace Corps Association Preps for National Advocacy and Service Days (Sept. 16, 2011)
- National Peace Corps Association Holds International Panel on Future of the Peace Corps (Sept. 14, 2011)
- National Peace Corps Association Invites Supporters to Gala (Jul. 25, 2011)
To see a listing of all official NPCA press releases, click here.
PRESS KIT CONTENTS
- Backgrounder on NPCA
- NPCA Fact Sheet
- National Peace Corps Association 50th Anniversary Fact Sheet
- Kevin Quigley Bio with headshot and NPCA staff contact info
- “My Piece of the Peace Corps” YouTube Video contest entries – engaging 2 min. videos created by PCVs and RPCVs that capture the Peace Corps spirit
- Notable Press 50th Anniversary Press Coverage
- Official NPCA Global House Party Media Advisory Template
- Most recent issue of WorldView magazine
- Color screen grab image of NPCA 50th Anniversary site
- peacecorps.gov Media Resources – Current stats, facts and figures about the U.S. Peace Corps
- NPCA 50th Anniversary microsite
- NPCA Peace Corps Touchstones Timeline - Key historic Peace Corps documents, speeches, NPCA events
The official Twitter hashtag for the 50th anniversary is #pc50th. We use the hashtag #peacecorps in Peace Corps-related tweets.
Twitter: @pcorpsconnect – Primary National Peace Corps Association account
Flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/peacecorpsconnect/
Flickr 50th anniversary group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/peacecorpsseptember2011/
- Information on how to receive a Third Goal Resource Packet from Peace Corps
- Peace Corps-related logo merchandise including stickers, banners etc. available for purchase at the NPCA Online Store
50th Anniversary Logos and Usage Guidelines
“National Peace Corps Association,” the NPCA logo and tagline (“The Next Step in Changing the World™ “) are trademarks of the National Peace Corps Association. Samples of the NPCA logo are available below. Other file formats available on request.
- NPCA logos should always be surrounded by adequate clear space. (Clear space refers to the minimum amount of space around the logo which should be left free of any other type, graphics, lines, or borders.) The rule of measurement for clear space around the NPCA logo is the height of the letter “N” in “National” (proportionate to the size of the logo.)
- The logo should always be sized proportionately. Never stretch the logo either horizontally or vertically.
- Never alter the relationship of the elements of the logo.
- Never place the logo on a background that is too dark or that clashes with the colors.
- Never place the logo on a background that is too complex.
- Never interrupt the clear space with other elements.
- Never place the logo in a box or shape that does not abide by the minimum clear space.
NPCA 50th Anniversary logo for web – SMALL (285 x 77 pixels)
Grab the URL: http://www.peacecorpsconnect.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/NPCA-50thanniversarylogo.png
NPCA 50th Anniversary logo for web – LARGE (1024 x 277 pixels, scaled to 615 x 166)
Grab the URL: http://www.peacecorpsconnect.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/NPCA-50th-Anniversary-logo.jpg.jpg
NPCA 50th Anniversary logo square for web – LARGE (505 x 436 pixels, scaled to 261 x 225)
Grab the URL: http://www.peacecorpsconnect.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/50thlogo.NPCA_.square.png