From the Desert to the Sea - The Medinas, Mountains (and more) of Morocco
Morocco sits at the crossroads between Europe and Africa with a rich history and culture. Consider the sights and sounds of Morocco: Bustling souks. Daily calls to prayer. Hot desert sun. Cold mountain snow. Brilliant blue ocean. Add in Peace Corps service by more than 4,800 Volunteers dating back to 1963 in education and youth development. Absorb this amazing diversity of experiences with our unique Peace Corps perspective.
- Walk the medinas and souks of Fes, Meknes and Marrakesh
- Wander through Ait Ben Haddou, the UNESCO World Heritage site (and site for so many famous films)
- Learn about local industries with visits to a women's coop, Berber villages and artisan factories
- Spend a night by the desert dunes
- Drive an ancient caravan route across the High Atlas Mountains
- Travel in the company of Morocco Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs) and other RPCVs from across the world; meet with serving PCVs and Peace Corps Morocco staff.
The spring trip to Morocco was a smashing success! Read about their adventures here.
Download the itinerary (as of April 20, 2017 and subject to change).
October 8 - October 21, 2017 - Registration now open!
$2,750 per person
- All confirmations in the program
- Double room accommodations in 4 star hotel (single supplement: $460)
- Two or three meals a day, as indicated,
- Transportation by private, air-conditioned motor coach as well as transfers for group as appropriate.
- English speaking guide/interpreter to accompany through the whole touring period
- Admission and fees to museums and program activities.
- Peace Corps Volunteers, Peace Corps staff and/or other guest speakers at many dinners
Price does not include:
- air flight to and from Morocco
- personal purchases
- beverages and tips
- trip insurance (see recommendation from Kristy)
- optional post trip extension (follow-up with Kristy if you are interested):
- Join a post trip exploring the Soussi Berber land south of Essaouira. We will be travelling the gorgeous route along the Atlantic coast, south of Essaouira and then exploring Tiznit, known as the Berber silver town of Morocco. From there we will head into the Anti-Atlas Mountains, visiting my most favorite Soussi Berber village of Tafraout which is beautifully located among unusual rock formations, palms and almond trees - and among charming small villages in the Ameln Valley. Next we will explore Taroudant, a walled pink city - a mini Marrakech! We will return to Casablanca by the late afternoon of the 19th.
Minimum group size: 10
Maximum group size: 30
This exclusive opportunity is open to NPCA members and their guests. Through our partnership with Fulbright Association, we welcome Fulbright alumni and their guests to join us on the fall trip, too! Not yet an NPCA member? Join now for free!
Questions? Contact us!