A new trip for fall 2017 will be announced shortly, so be sure to sign up for our email list to be the first to hear when registration opens.
Travel from Iran’s modern capital, Tehran, into the region of Fars to embark on a journey that introduces contemporary Iran from the perspective of the people and their culture and history. The tour by bus (and one internal flight) includes overnight stays in Tehran, Shiraz, Yazd, Isfahan, and Kashan.
National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) and Peace Corps Iran Association (PCIA) welcome you to travel into the heartland of Iran with us. Share stories, perspectives and experiences of Iran Peace Corps Volunteers as we travel together through the sites and home communities of volunteers over the 14 years of Peace Corps service in Iran (1962-1976). This tour is our opportunity to share our legacy and help interpret a unique and rewarding culture.
Highlights and Overview
- Visit the ancient ruins of Persepolis and the tomb of the world-renowned poet, Hafez, in Shiraz.
- Visit the Towers of Silence in Yazd and learn about the ancient Zoroastrian religion and its contributions from Iran’s ancient calligraphy to Iran’s current culture.
- Explore bustling bazaars and learn about the important role they play in Iranian commerce and culture.
- Visit beautiful gardens and museums, including the famous Abbasi Museum in Tehran.
- Stroll through Tehran’s famous Sa’dabad Palace (summer residence of the Ghajar Dynasty Shah) and Golestan Palace.
- Learn about Islam as practiced in Iran–visit beautiful mosques decorated with intricate and colorful mosaic designs.
- Visit an Armenian church and learn how this Christian minority lives among the Shiite Muslim majority.
- Visit teahouses tucked underneath Isfahan’s Si-O-Se Bridge or at the Khan Hamum bathhouse in Yazd.
This trip is operated by Global Exchange.
Download the itinerary from the May 2016 trip.
- Fall 2017 - TBD
- Assistance with the Visa application process from Global Exchange
- Three- and Four-star accommodations, in-country transportation, translation, a fluent English-speaking guide/facilitator, and all meals
- Preparatory materials
- Entrance fees for main sites and excursions
- NOT included are flights into and out of Iran, expenses of a purely personal nature, travel insurance, visa processing fees, gratuities for chamber maids, guides & driver, 5.5% administrative fee for processing credit card payments
- Single room supplement (a room without a roommate) will incur an additional charge
Max. group size: 25
This exclusive opportunity is open to NPCA members and their guests only. Not yet an NPCA member? Join now for free!
Questions? Contact us!