NPCA Takes Part in the Combined Federal Campaign
By Sarah DeAngelis on Monday, December 9th, 2013
On Thursday, November 21st the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) took part in the Department of State’s Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) fair which showcased the nonprofit sector. The CFC gives federal employees a chance to give back through workplace contributions. The NPCA met with many different U.S federal employees over the course of the day, promoting what kind of work is done at the organization and focusing on how contributions made not only benefit the NPCA, but extend Peace Corps’ values and promote service.
Grace Lueck, one of our Advocacy interns, represented NPCA at the fair. “Our main purpose of attending this fair was to get the word out about NPCA and really to advocate for the current Peace Corps Volunteers as well as the Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.”
NPCA is proud to have earned a coveted four-star rating from Charity Navigator, the nation’s largest independent evaluator of charities. A 4-star rating assures potential donors that NPCA continues to excel in managing its finances and donations. Some ways that NPCA continues to serve the Peace Corps community are as follows:
- Provides a platform for members and friends to share ideas and advance service through the National Peace Corps Association Social Network
- Offers unique programming such as Next Step Travel (travel for fun and service), Global Education (resources for “bringing the world home”), and Africa Rural Connect (social networking designed to assist subsistence farmers in sub-Saharan Africa), as well as services such as RPCV Mentoring and Next Step Job Finder
- Hosts gatherings/events outside of Washington, DC to help unite the community around common purposes and projects
- Advocates and provides advocacy opportunities to support the values of the Peace Corps
- Works to locate and engage all 250,000 individuals who ever served or worked with the Peace Corps through our Find the 250k Campaign
NPCA’s CFC number is 11708. For more information about how you can support NPCA, visit NPCA Contributions.