Results of NPCA 35th Anniversary Survey
By Sam Foote on Friday, October 18th, 2013
In August, we asked you to complete a survey that will be essential in shaping the National Peace Corps Association’s future strategic plans and helping the usbetter support and represent the Peace Corps community.
The results are in, and your voices have been heard! We thank the nearly 4,000 respondents whose completion of this 22-page survey will assist us in these goals. With your valuable input and opinions, the NPCA will be able to more effectively respond to both the individual and collective interests of a diverse Peace Corps community.
- Of the near 4,000 respondents to this survey, 95% were Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs). A handful of former Peace Corps staff, currently serving Peace Corps Volunteers, and friends and family members of PCVs rounded out the remaining respondent demographics.
- Approximately 65% of respondents receive the monthly NPCA e-newsletter.
- Over a third of respondents receive WorldView magazine.
- Respondents most value these two resources the NPCA offers: a searchable database of RPCVs and up to date information about the Peace Corps community.
- A majority of respondents support NPCA’s advocacy program and want to see it continue to grow.
- A large number of respondents would like to see NPCA expand continuing education opportunities for PCVs.
A number of the questions dealt with our Peace Corps Connect event and will assist us as we plan for Peace Corps Connect – Nashville next year.
Interested to learn more? Download the survey results here.