Seeking: Leaders in the Serving Peace Corps Volunteer Community
By Erica Burman on Monday, June 27th, 2011
The National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) is seeking four serving Peace Corps Volunteers to represent their respective Peace Corps geographic regions on its Serving Volunteer Advisory Council. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from Africa, South and Central America and Eastern Europe.
The purpose of the Serving Volunteer Advisory Council is to create a regular two-way channel of communication between serving Peace Corps Volunteers and the NPCA, the nonprofit organization that connects the Peace Corps community at home and abroad. Click here to learn more about the SVAC.
Role of Advisory Board Members
- Communicate with NPCA staff via Skype at least four times per year
- Suggest topics to address in WorldView magazine and provide general feedback to the NPCA about issues and concerns of currently serving Peace Corps Volunteers
- Answer questions from NPCA staff as they arise
- Share information about the NPCA with the serving Peace Corps Volunteer community
Role of the NPCA
- Arrange for Skype calls with plenty of time/flexibility to accommodate the schedule of the Volunteer
- Keep an open mind and a listening ear
- Offer timely responses to comments/questions/requests from Board members
- Recognize the contribution of the Volunteer Advisory Board members on our website and in our annual report
Term limit is one year from when you join the Board, not to exceed three months after Close/Continuation of Service. Unfortunately at this time we cannot provide compensation for any expenses incurred, however this is an excellent opportunity to broaden your leadership skills and develop connections to the Returned Volunteer community before returning to the U.S.
Interested? Send a resume to email@example.com and in 400 words or less let us know why you would like to serve on NPCA’s Serving Volunteer Advisory Council and why you would make a good representative. Also include information on your COS date and means of communication (Facebook, Skype, LinkedIn, etc.) Application deadline is July 15, 2011.