My Piece of the Peace Corps Video Contest
By Erica Burman on Monday, June 28th, 2010
(Note: The contest deadline has now passed. We announced the winners here!)
The Peace Corps changed your life. We want to hear your story.
This summer, the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) is running a video contest in celebration of the upcoming 50th Anniversary of the Peace Corps. We’re asking you to submit a one- to two-minute video about how the Peace Corps, a Peace Corps Volunteer, or Returned Peace Corps Volunteer changed your life.
- Perhaps it was a teacher whose stories of cultures overseas opened your eyes to the world.
- Maybe it was your co-worker whose unique ability to connect with people made all the difference.
- It could be a Peace Corps Volunteer living in your community who inspired you to dream big.
- Or maybe it’s your mother, whose service overseas proved that you’re never too old to have an adventure.
Whether you served in the Peace Corps or not, we all share its legacy.
Tell us your story. Tell us about your piece of the Peace Corps.
- Grand Prize: $2,500
- Second prize: $1,000
- Third prize: $500
Contest ends September 30, 2010. You can view a 36 sec. promotional video for the contest here.
* This contest is generously sponsored by Juliane Heyman, Peace Corps Staff, 1961-66.
How to Enter
Note that you must complete both steps in order to enter the contest.
Upload your video to the National Peace Corps Association contest group on YouTube. “Add a New Comment” and post your video as an individual comment. Videos not submitted to this online group will not be eligible to win. All videos must meet contest requirements below.
Go to YouTube
Submit your completed online entry form here.
Complete and Submit Your Form
Enter now and share your story with the rest of the world! We look forward to receiving your entry. The winners will be announced in October 2010.
See Next Page for Rules and Requirements
Pages: 1 2